We don’t think it’s going to take much convincing, but maybe this blog was the justification you’ve been looking for to treat yourself to a slope-side massage. Find below 10 convincing reasons to splash out on a massage on your ski holiday:
1. Relieve Sore Muscles from Skiing: first and foremost. After conquering the slopes, your muscles deserve some TLC. A massage is the perfect remedy for soreness, providing targeted relief to the muscles that bear the brunt of your skiing/snowboarding adventures. This ensures you wake up ready for another day of skiing without the discomfort of lingering pain.
2. Recover from Après: apres-ski can leave you feeling fairly worn out. An après-Après massage helps your body recover from a heavy evening, ensuring you’re ready to hit the slopes (or the booze) again.
3. Escape Bad Weather with a Massage: when the weather takes a turn for the worse and you can’t tell the sky from the snow, a massage is the perfect excuse to stay in and avoid the cold. Transform a dreary day into a spa retreat right in the comfort of your accommodation.
4. Relax after a Stressful Travel Day: long flights or road trips can be stressful. A massage is an ideal way to unwind and shake off the travel stress, setting the tone for a relaxed and enjoyable ski holiday.
5. Birthday Present for a Dad Who Never Uses Your Presents: dads can be notoriously difficult to shop for. A massage provides a practical and enjoyable birthday gift, ensuring he actually uses and appreciates your thoughtful gesture.
6. Improve Range of Motion: skiing requires a wide range of motion, from carving turns to navigating moguls. A massage can help improve joint flexibility and range of motion, ensuring you move with greater ease and grace on the ski slopes.
7. Poor-Timed Pregnancy? Pamper Yourself with a Massage: if your pregnancy lands on the same dates your ski holiday – this is NO reason to cancel the holiday, as we’ve partnered with the massage company Massage Me who offer ‘Mum To Be’ prenatal massages for you and your bump. Utilise this unique service without even having to leave the chalet!
8. Got Euros to Spend? Treat Yourself to a Massage: if you find yourself with leftover Euros at the end of your ski trip, don’t waste them on a €10 Toblerone bar at the airport. Treat yourself to a massage—a much better way to make the most of your Euros before heading home.
9. Kids Driving You Nuts? Children’s Massage to the Rescue: if the little ones are causing chaos, consider a children’s massage for them. It’s a win-win—quiet time for you, and a relaxing experience for the kids, creating a more harmonious holiday atmosphere.
10. No Specific Reason—Just Treat Yourself: finally, you don’t always need a specific reason to get a massage. Ski holidays often come with a significant price tag, and if you’re already splurging on the experience, why not treat yourself to a massage?
In summary, there’s no denying that a massage would enhance your ski holiday in the French alps. As well as aiding your overall wellbeing and helping your performance on the slopes, it’s just as much of a treat for you as it is a remedy for energetic kids and a thoughtful gift option for hard-to-shop-for dads. With added perks like a 10% discount for our guests, there’s no reason not to indulge.
Find out more about our partnership with Massage Me here.