“We had a great week in this beautiful cottage. It’s really comfortable and very clean. The staff were very friendly and welcoming, and the food was excellent. We highly recommend this cottage.”
Pes, April 2019
- Ideal location, in the centre of Tignes-les-Brévières, with restaurants, bars and shops just around the way; and lifts a 5-minute walk
- A well-exposed private terrace with a jacuzzi and a traditional wooden sauna
- A dinner with bottled French wine is served 6 nights a week. This is a 5-course menu, including canapés and a cheese platter (with port!)
- A hot breakfast and a banquet of continental dishes, as well as an afternoon snack (freshly prepared cake), served every day of your stay
- Featuring beautiful balconies in most rooms; with stunning mountain views
- Perfect for short and long stays exploring the Epace Killy
- 15 bedrooms with bathrooms, with double options/ twin beds, triples and family all available
- A ski and shoe room with heated boot warmers
- Our services, with transfers, lift passes and equipment rental everything is organized for you
- Housekeeping service with chalet and rooms cleaned 5 days a week
- Free Wi-Fi in common areas
- 5 free beds for a full chalet, weekly reservation
Chalet Coeur des Brevières is a comfortable chalet-hotel of 39 people with friendly common areas, perfectly located in the heart of Tignes les Brévières. Accommodation is nestled among the village’s restaurants, bars and shops, just 200 metres from the lifts.
All guests have access to the relaxing Jacuzzi and sauna on the well-exposed private terrace, offering spectacular views of the surrounding mountains.
The chalet-hotel is spread over three floors with 15 generously sized rooms (ten doubles / twin; one triple; four family/quad). All rooms have flat-screen TV and most rooms have access to a balcony overlooking the snowy village and lake.
The dining room lends itself perfectly to a friendly dinner, while the comfortable lounge has a fireplace and a choice of board games. There is a large storage area for skis and snowboards with shoe warmers, so you know your gear will be ready for the next day.
Chalet Coeur des Brevières offers a restaurant-quality dining experience that gourmets will love. A hot breakfast is served daily with a variety of continental options, while a hearty afternoon will await you after each day on the slopes. Five nights a week, we offer a delicious five-course meal, including canapés and a cheese dish with port, and one evening you will have the opportunity to enjoy a speciality banquet. One evening a week you have the opportunity to enjoy the local restaurants offered in the resort. Check out our Food and Beverage page for more details and menu examples.
We know how to make your holiday exceptional. Each season, we bring together a team of talented professionals who are proud of their exceptional service and are dedicated to creating the perfect alpine atmosphere.
We look forward to welcoming you to Chalet Coeur des Brevières.
The hotel can accommodate up to 40 people with a combination of double/twin, triple and family/quad rooms available. The provision is as follows:
|1||2||King bed / 2 single beds|
|2||2||King bed / 2 single beds|
|3||2/3||King bed / 2 single beds – extra bed available to make a triple|
|4||2||King beds / 2 single beds|
|5||4||Family room – King bed / bunk beds – Access to the balcony!|
|6||2||King bed / 2 single beds – Access to the balcony!|
|7||2||King bed / 2 single beds – Access to the balcony!|
|8||2||King bed / 2 single beds – Access to the balcony!|
|9||4||Family room – king bed / bunk beds – Access to the balcony!|
|10||2-4||King beds / 2 single beds and bunk beds – Access to the balcony!|
|11||4||Quadruple rooms – king bed / 4 single beds|
|12||2||King bed / 2 single beds|
|13||2||King Bed / 2 single beds – Access to the balcony!|
|14||3||Triple – King Bed / Single Beds and Simple Bathroom – Access to the Balcony!|
|15||2||King bed / 2 single beds – Access to the balcony!|
Food and Drink
For more information and examples of the type of dishes you can expect to enjoy during your holiday with us, please visit our Food and Drink page.
Breakfast includes freshly prepared French pastries, baguettes from our local bakery, yoghurt, fruit, a choice of cereals, porridge prepared to order and a different hot option every day.
The afternoon snack is served from 4pm: discover every day a delicious new cake fresh out of the oven. Freshly brewed coffee, a selection of teas, hot chocolate and fruit juices are available all day/evening.
Dinner includes an abundant mix of appetizers, mouth-watering dishes and desserts to satisfy the greedy, as well as savoury canapés and local cheeses – all accompanied by bottled French wine!
Packed lunches can be pre-ordered daily and will be prepared each morning, which is a great way to save money on the mountain.
All special diets are taken into account, including vegetarians, vegans and intolerances to gluten, dairy products and nuts. We are committed to ensuring that all our guests enjoy the same culinary experience. Whatever your food needs, we’ll be happy to discuss it with you.
Children can choose to have an earlier, hassle-free evening meal if they wish. This gives parents the opportunity to relax and enjoy their evening meal.
One evening a week gives you the opportunity to enjoy the fantastic local restaurants on offer in the resort. The evening “off” of the chalet will be confirmed to you when booking and our staff will be happy to help you with restaurant recommendations and reservations.
To see an example menu, please visit our Food and Beverage page.
It’s great to have heard from so many of our loyal and returning clients that they are desperate to return to the beautiful slopes of Tignes and Val d’Isere next season and we are pleased to say we have now started taking lots of new bookings for next winter.
As avid skiers and snowboarders, we share everyone’s frustration about the premature end of the 2019-20 winter season due to the outbreak of Covid-19. We know that whilst many of our customers are yearning to book their ski trip for next season the ongoing Coronavirus situation is holding them back. Our new Terms and Conditions, financial guarantees and operating procedures laid out below will, we hope, address these understandable concerns.
With the worst of the outbreak behind us and travel restrictions around the world starting to ease, we are now confident that the Winter 20-21 season will be able to go ahead as planned. As a company which prides itself on excellent customer service, we know it is our responsibility to help reduce the risks of another outbreak and to introduce measures to give peace of mind when making a booking such as refund guarantees and flexible booking options. We have therefore put together this comprehensive plan with extra safeguarding measures to protect both the money and health of our guests.
Following the closure of the resort last season on 14th March 2020, and the subsequent travel ban imposed by the Foreign Commonwealth Office on UK citizens due to the international outbreak of Covid-19, we have renegotiated our local contracts in order to allow us to provide our guests with greater flexibility when booking for next winter and to have a plan in place should there be a resurgence of Covid-19 during the winter season.
Our new T&Cs are designed to give you greater protection and flexibility. The main points to highlight are:
Accommodation refunds applicable in the event of specific Covid-19 related cancellations
Cancel your booking between 14 and 7 days before your trip and be eligible for a refund credit note of 100% of payments made or you can opt for a cash refund, less the deposit paid only. This is in the event of specific Covid-19 related circumstances arising. For further details of the exact terms and when they will apply please see here.
100% refunds for Ski Hire and Lift Passes
All payments for equipment hire and lift passes can be refunded in full up until your arrival date in resort. You have the right to cancel either of these services, for any reason, up until this point and will receive a full refund for amounts paid
No quibble ‘flexible’ alterations to your booking until 14 September 2020
All bookings can be changed to another date within 24 months of your original booking, for any reason whatsoever and completely free of charge up until 14th September 2020
Reduced Deposits to secure your booking
We’ve reduced the deposit amount required to secure a booking, from €200pp to €150pp.
Balance payments now due just 8 weeks prior to travel
We have changed our balance payment deadlines from 12 weeks to 8 weeks prior to travel
All balance payments for accommodation and extras will be held in a secure account controlled exclusively by our Accountant until the holiday is fulfilled
For your peace of mind all balance payments (being all payments made less the deposit only) and payments for extras such as hire and passes, will be held in a separate account controlled by our Accountant until the day you leave resort. This is to give you the peace of mind that your money will be instantly accessible up until the day you depart, should you be eligible for a refund at any time before then.
This will only be transferred to the company bank account once you have left resort.
Full details of these changes and how they will apply to your booking can be found here.
Our experienced resort team have also put together an enhanced cleaning plan to ensure our guests can feel relaxed and safe while enjoying their holidays. The main points of this are as follows:
Covid-specific training and lots of extra cleaning
- All staff will receive Covid-specific hygiene training, with extra cleaning and disinfecting measures in every chalet
- Enhanced cleaning checklists and written protocols are ready to ensure nothing is missed
- Staff will be monitored at all times, with temperature checks taken at the start of every shift. Any staff member showing any symptoms will be removed from the work rota immediately and isolated until they are cleared to return
- Staff will all have access to personal protective equipment (PPE) specific to their job role
- Hand sanitiser and paper hand towels will be available throughout all chalets and staff will be required to use this regularly while working
- The communal areas of each chalet will be disinfected every day, with multiple cleans for touch points and at-risk areas. The whole chalet will be thoroughly disinfected and aired on changeover days between one set of guests leaving and the next arriving
- Where a chalet is being shared between multiple groups we will conform to all French legal requirements, such as enforcing the minimum space needed between dining tables to ensure social distancing can be maintained
- The spa areas of each chalet will be cleaned regularly, as always, and the number of people using these areas at one time may need to be restricted depending on French Government advice regarding social distancing at the time of travel
- We have increased our self-catered portfolio for next season following an increase in demand from sole occupancy groups to have the use of a private un-manned chalet. To minimise all person-to-person contact we can arrange self-check-ins and will ensure extra cleaning products will be provided for the client’s own use during their stay. The above extra safeguarding and cleaning standards and checks will also be carried out before and after their stay by our team. For example, all kitchenware will be sanitised on changeover day, with staff wearing full PPE, etc.
- For group sole-use chalet bookings, socially distanced catering can be offered as buffet-style meals. The details of this can be discussed further at the time of booking
- For group sole-use chalet bookings that may be looking to reduce their person-to-person contact with our team, should they prefer staff to only access the chalet for cleaning when they are not present, this can be arranged from 10am until 12 noon. Please contact our reservations team in advance to discuss further
- During their stay, all guests will be able to opt-out of daily bedroom and bathroom cleaning. If permitted, this daily clean includes disinfecting the bathrooms, door handles and all other touch points.
Due to the constantly evolving nature of the Covid-19 crisis we will keep reviewing and updating all such policies. Should you have any additional safeguarding requests that would give you greater peace of mind during your stay, please enquire about these at the time of booking and, where possible, we will always do our best to oblige.
Travelling to Resort
- Our chalets in both Tignes Les Brevieres and Val d’Isere are the perfect destination if you want to self-drive or take a hire car from the airport to avoid shared transport::
- In Tignes les Brevieres there are several car parks offering over 400 free spaces with additional overflow spaces along the road into the village if needed. There is also some limited parking outside most of our chalets. All parking in Tignes Les Brevieres is completely free of charge for unlimited use. This is very unusual in a high-altitude ski resort where often the only available parking is limited, expensive, and frequently only bookable in advance, as is the case in Tignes le Lac and Val Claret.
- In Chalet Amelie in le Fornet we have 2 garaged parking spaces for client exclusive use, based on a first-come first-served basis. Outside the chalet there is further public parking, but this is restricted to 48-hour stays
- For our Val d’Isere guests, subject to the timings of the driving schedules of our team, we can offer a service for the guests to park their cars in the free parking in Tignes les Brevieres for the week. We can shuttle their driver back to the chalet in Val d’Isere on the day of arrival and bring them to Tignes les Brevieres on the day of departure to pick up their car
During your stay in Resort
- Many of the restaurants and bars in France and here in resort have already reopened since the start of June (France have been ahead of the UK in the relaxation of their lock-down measures, with very clear control on spread of Covid-19 cases ever since). All such establishments have comprehensive measures in place to protect against the virus, so you will still be able to enjoy all the normal pleasures of a ski holiday.
- We are pleased to advise that the ski lifts on the Tignes and Val d’Isere glaciers were successfully operated this summer for Glacier Skiing. This gives us great faith that all the social distancing and protective measures necessary to open the ski-lifts have now been tried and tested ready for the winter.
- The Tignes and Val d’Isere local governments are working on a commitment charter for the measures they are putting in place to protect visitors. They are currently working with local business to ensure everyone is complying with the directives of the French Government with PPE, disinfectant usage, and social distancing measures all put in place.
- Guests and staff will be encouraged to download and use the StopCovid France app which helps protect everyone with a lot of useful information available.
These measures, we hope, will reassure our guests that their safety and wellness has been planned for and is of the upmost importance to us. We want everyone to be able to visit Tignes and Val d’Isere for an utterly amazing holiday in the knowledge that we have taken care of all possible measures to prevent a recurrence of Covid-19.
We will also be monitoring changes in French Government advice in the coming months and so the above is all subject to change prior to arrival. But check back here and we will ensure all precautions are up to date.
Here’s to getting back on the slopes for the Winter 20-21 season!
If you have any specific questions regarding your holiday or chalet then you can always get in touch with our UK reservations team on (+44) 01600 800 300 or via email@example.com, and we will be happy to help.
Useful information about travelling from the UK:
Be prepared with Covid-19 Travel Insurance:
- UK health authorities are providing detailed advice on travel which is available at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-advice-novel-coronavirus
- Travellers are advised to read the FCO travel advice for the country they are travelling to. Visit gov.uk/foreign-travel-advice
- The National Travel Health Network and Centre (NaTHNaC) TravelHealthPro website org.uk/countries provides specific country-by-country travel health advice
- The NHS website has useful information about how to take preventative measures against Coronavirus at nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19
- ABTA also has updated advice and FAQs for travellers at abta.com/coronavirus
- Useful info about travel rights and insurance: https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/2020/02/coronavirus-travel-help-and-your-rights/
Pricing and availability
Below is the availability calendar for Coeur des Brévières for winter 20/21. Scroll down to find the desired date and you can click to book the chlaet now!