Summertime in Tignes
Tignes is not only an amazing ski resort in winter, but also a beautiful summer alpine resort. The town is a great location for activity holidays or as a stop-off point for a tour around the Alps or even Europe. Situated on the edge of the world-famous Vanoise National Park, Tignes offers a range of mountain activities including hiking, mountain biking, climbing and mountaineering, family-friendly pursuits including archery, pony-trekking and trampolining, and a sizeable summer ski area with 50km of runs on the Grande Motte glacier.
When the winter crowds leave Tignes Les Brevieres, it reverts to a peaceful and sunny village at the foot of the Sache Mountain. Our chalets are located on south-facing slopes and enjoy plenty of sun well into the evening, making our balconies perfect spots for evening meals.
Mountain activities are very popular in Tignes and the My Tignes Activity passes give holidaymakers access to the mountain biking/hiking lifts as well as over other 20 activities such as kayaking, stand-up paddleboarding, and sports courts. There are miles of mountain bike trails and dedicated downhill courses plus a bike park for those wanting an extra challenge.
Up on the glacier there is summer skiing and snowboarding for those who just can’t wait until the winter, with a high speed funicular giving you access to and from these higher peaks.
For the more traditional summer mountain traveller, the Vanoise National Park is one of the largest preserved alpine wilderness areas in western Europe with stunning walks which can be combined with staying in alpine refuges to offer you multiple day walking trips with cosy stopping points. Herds of ibex and chamois roam the park along with marmottes, eagles and the very rare giant bearded vultures which are an incredible spot if you manage to find them.
- Spot marmottes and golden eagles in their natural surroundings
- Have a BBQ by the lake in Les Brevieres and watch the sun go down over the mountains
- Cycle, walk, or even drive-up the Col de L´Iseran and stand at the highest point on the highest road in Europe
- Go skiing in July and August on the Grande Motte Glacier
- Spend the night on the mountain in the St Martin Refuge which is a 1-2 hour walk from Les Brevieres
- Get unlimited usage of the mountain bike lifts when you buy a My Tignes Pass
- Sit in the sunshine on your chalet balcony and just relax…
We look forwarding to you joining us in the alpine sunshine.