“Amazing value for money – staff were friendly and so accommodating. Fantastic relaxed atmosphere combined with gorgeous home cooked food with generous portions, would stay again without any hesitation. 5 stars!”
Sean Smith, April 2018
- Exceptional value for money accommodation, located in Tignes Les Brévières
- Shared dormitory style rooms for short stays and seasonnaires alike
- Reservations can be made for 1 week or for the entire season, with prices starting at €250pp
- Friendly and homely environment with many like-minded snowsport enthusiasts
- Lift passes, discounted equipment hire and airport transfers arranged for you
- Breakfast, including a selection of continental choices and a hot option, served each morning
- Lunch available for all guests everyday
- 2-course evening meal on 6 nights, including complimentary wine
- Lounge and hostel bar helps provide unparalleled friendly atmosphere
- We have been providing affordable accommodation for Ski and Snowboard enthusiasts since 1998
Chardons Hostel is our cosy budget accommodation option nestled amongst the village’s restaurants, bars and shops, just 100-metres from the main pistes and lifts. It offers a great value option for guests from short stays through to seasonnaires.
The hostel features a mix of comfortable shared ensuite quad rooms and double/twin rooms with private bathrooms, all equipped with power showers and plenty of storage space. Meanwhile, the communal space benefits from a handy ski and boot storage area and a large balcony that overlooks the picturesque lake and mountains beyond.
The spacious open-plan lounge/dining area lends itself perfectly to socialising and is complete with a popular alpine-style residents’ bar, a relaxed space in which to enjoy some drinks after a day on the slopes. In line with our sociable culture, each week the team organises a calendar of fun a\près events such as quiz and games nights.
We know that skiing and snowboarding work up a good appetite and we take pride in the quality of our food, providing plentiful homemade portions. A hearty breakfast is served daily alongside a variety of continental options, while a delicious afternoon tea awaits you after each day on the slopes. The evening meal is a communal affair, accompanied by free-flowing French wine and shared alongside our seasonal staff, who are also based at the snow lodge during winter months. Hot drinks are available throughout the day at the tea and coffee station.
As well as shorter stays we also offer discounts for seasonal guests at Chardons Hostel, making it an ideal base for solo travellers wishing to take advantage of savings for longer bookings. See our prices tab for more details. Many of our loyal independent guests have forged lasting friendships here and return year after year.
We are proud of our reputation at Chardons Hostel, which we like to think is down to our lively atmosphere, welcoming staff and convenient location – a winning formula for the budget-minded!
We look forward to welcoming you to Chardons Hostel.
Food & Drink
- Professionally designed, well balanced menus
- Hearty buffet style breakfast with continental and cooked hot options each day
- Lunch including a baguette and piece of fruit available daily
- Plentiful, quality banquet style and 2-course evening meals
- Complimentary French white and red wine is served with dinner
- Tea, coffee and hot chocolate available throughout the day
- A resident’s bar is situated in the dining room offering a full drinks menu at reasonable resort prices from 6pm till 11pm each day
- Locally sourced seasonal produce and wine
- Experienced, professional Head Chef and kitchen team
The images on this page are all photos taken within the Chardons hotel and represents food actually produced by our highly trained staff at the Chalet Chardons hotel.
Chalet Chardons food is one of the highlights of your holiday. We believe that skiing and snowboarding should be about getting fresh air, exercise, thrills and spills… and then coming back and completely spoiling yourself! Chalet Chardons hotel offers a simpler menu than the smaller chalets consisting of classic dishes designed for hungry skiers and snowboarders who’ve done a hard day’s sport.
At Chardons restaurant quality breakfast and evening meals, with complimentary wine, are offered in the dining area in a communal setting.
Breakfast consists of a selection of pastries, freshly-baked baguette, preserves, yoghurt, fruit, choice of cereals, English and herbal teas, freshly-brewed coffee, juices, and a different hot option daily
Lunch is offered daily which included a homemade baguette and a piece of fruit. Tea and coffee are available throughout the day.
Dinner is served in the dining room of the hostel in a sociable setting with our guests and staff eating together – a 2-course or banquet style meal is served ,with plentiful portions ensuring you will be well fed and nobody will leave the table feeling hungry.
Vegetarians, vegans and all special diets can be catered for. Just let us know at the time of booking and the menu can be discussed further with your chalet manager and hosts on arrival. If you have specific requirements (vegan, allergies, celiac) we would ask that you let us know sometime in advance so we can prepare and consider bringing any specific foods with you as many of them can be very hard to source in the Alps.
Chef’s night off is normally on a Tuesday when the hotel staff have some well deserved time off. Our staff will be happy to recommend some of the many excellent restaurants in the village.
19-20 Availability & Prices
Please contact our Reservations team for further details and for availability. We are open 7 days a week, 365 days a year, so feel free to get in touch on email via email@example.com or on our UK landline number +44 (0)1600 800300.
We believe that Chardons offer the best value accommodation in the Espace Killy, especially for our guests wanting to stay for longer periods. Therefore we have designed a simple pricing structure for everyone visting our hostel during the Winter season:
– Stays of 4 weeks or longer: €250 euros per person, per week
– Stays of 2-4 weeks: €300 euros per person, per week
– Stays of 1-2 weeks: €350 euros per person, per week
*Please note if your stay crosses over a peak week (Christmas, New Year, UK Half Term, or Easter) then an additional €100 euros per person, per week will be chargeable
We price all our accommodation in Euros (as most of our costs are in Euros) to avoid having to pay high fees to fix currency rates for the year. This allows us to pass these savings on to you. Today’s exchange rate is (EUR 1=£0.880603).