If you like the idea of 5 months working in the world class ski resort of Tignes and Val d’Isere with the opportunity to ski and snowboard most days and you are enthusiastic about customer service and not afraid of hard work, with a passion for the mountains, then you could be a candidate to work a season in Tignes or Val d’Isere as part of our chalet team.
The quality of our exceptional staff is why Chardons has such a excellent reputation for superb service and is the reason why so many of our guests come back year after year. Our staff are a crucial part of the chalet experience and we therefore carefully select a team of experienced, mature and hardworking individuals with outstanding customer service skills that will ensure our clients have the best possible holiday experience. We sieve through hundreds of applications each year to find approximately 35 – 40 jobs to select the perfect team.
Chardons is a privately owned company with all the owners working in resort alongside the team and we have a great reputation for looking after our staff as well as our guests. We can offer the right candidates a great experience working for us and we offer the following benefits package to all staff:
- Salary TBC
- Accommodation (own accommodation for couples and head chefs)
- All food (including lunch and meals on your day off)
- Free ski and snowboard hire
- Full Tignes and Val d’Isere lift pass covering over 300 km of runs
- Medical insurance
- Full training and support throughout the season
- Staff incentives such as ski lessons, days out and meals out
- Transport to/from Geneva airport
- Friends and family discounts
- The ability to ski and snowboard 6 days a week with a full day off each week.
We normally recruit during the summer for the following winter season, though we do have a reserve list during the season for late applicants. We will also consider applicants up to 2 years in advance for winter skiing and snowboarding jobs.
Interviews are held in the UK during the summer proceeding the winter season.
Applicants must hold an EU passport and be EU nationals (so they can be seconded to France) and have the right to work and live in the UK and have a national insurance number. They must also be available for pre-season training in Bristol during the autumn.
We are currently recruiting for the following positions:
- Chalet Couples – Couples are required to run a 12 to 17 person chalet (host and cook duo). More mature couples are preferred with no upper age limit, or couples with one person having professional chef experience. Accommodation in your own room is provided.
- Professional Chefs – Professionally qualified chefs are needed to run our busiest kitchens. They must be experienced in producing high quality food catering for up to 80 people and running a kitchen team. Accommodation in non-shared rooms is provided for these more responsible job roles
- Handymen – Tradesmen or very experienced individuals are needed to maintain and service our numerous chalets. We are particularly keen to speak to experienced UK tradesmen (carpenters, electricians, plumbers, general builders etc). Summer roles are also available working on projects within our chalets in a more relaxed environment with an improved benefits package working in a beautiful and peaceful environment (perfect for keen bikers/hikers)
- Chalet Hosts – Hosts make our client’s holiday the best possible experience dealing with their every need whilst also working hard in the background keeping the chalets running to very high-quality cleanliness standard
- The Office Team – We employ a full team including a Finance Manager, IT Manager, Sales Manager, French-Speaking PA and Resort-Reps who work very hard to ensure every practical element of our client’s holiday runs smoothly and interacts seamlessly with the back-office.
To apply for any of the above positions with Chardons please email your CV and photo of yourself confirming which position you are applying for to [email protected]. We welcome applications for summer, winter or year-round roles at any time of the year with the main recruitment drive for winter occurring from May onwards for a December start